- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the manuscript of the book titled “Prey” authored by Nicci Take (the book).
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Nicci Take Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08813582 and our registered office is at c/o DSG, Castle Chambers, 43 Castle St Liverpool L2 9TL.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by by writing to us at [ ].
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
We will make the book available to you through a series of blogs which will be accessible by you as soon as we accept your order.
We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If access to the book is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund.
As we will deliver (or provide access to) the book to you immediately, and you agreed to this when ordering, you will not have a right to change your mind.
- Price and payment
- Where to find the price for the book. The price of the book (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you place your order.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards. You must pay for the book before you download or are given access to it.
- Your commitments to us
- By using our services, including browsing our site or ordering the book, you promise to observe the following principles.
- You promise to respect copyright and otherwise observe the law. That is, you promise to not use the book other than on the terms upon which it was supplied to you.
- You promise not to reproduce, transmit, make available, adapt, modify, frame (by whatever means), link to, forward, create derivative works based upon, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, sublicense, or in any way commingle the book with other third party content, do any other act of copyright, or otherwise use any of the content of the book without first obtaining the written permission of Nicci Take Ltd, or unless specifically permitted by applicable copyright legislation.
- You promise to provide us with accurate information and abide by our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You promise to keep the book in the form in which it was supplied to you. You promise not to circumvent any measures that we have taken to protect the rights in the book, including (but not limited to) facilitating an infringement of copyright.
- You promise not to compromise the integrity of our software or systems. That is, you promise not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our site or any of the software that we supply to you for the purposes of providing you with access to the book.
- Your purchase of the book entitles access to one individual only. You promise that it will only be used by one individual and that you will not lend it or share it with anyone else.
- It is not permitted to buy one copy of the book and then load it onto multiple devices for several people to use. Nor can you load a book onto a device and then pass the device on to multiple individuals one after another. You promise not to do either of these things.
- Other important terms
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.